18th– 22nd November, 2013
The International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP) is the largest forum on HIV/AIDS held in the region. For over 20 years, ICAAP has played a key role in raising public awareness, building political commitment, strengthening advocacy networks, and disseminating knowledge on HIV/AIDS issues among key affected populations and other stakeholders in the region.
The 11th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific has been successfully held from 18th to 22nd November 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand. More than 3,800 delegates from 74 countries participated in the Congress.
AHRN submitted 7 abstracts to ICAAP11, the second largest HIV/AIDS conference and the following abstracts were selected and five senior staffs who are project managers and medical coordinators were actively participated in this congress.
(1) Don’t wait for the perfect moment to get Zero but create the moment – Oral Presentation, Dr.Tun Hla Maw, Dr. Aung Yu Naing and Mg Win
(2) The Value of Free Interventions in Closed Settings – Oral Presentation, Dr. Aung Naing, Dr. Soe Thet Lwin, Seng Nue, Dr. Aung Yu Naing
(3) Don’t neglect non-injecting drug users: For getting to Zero, make them Heroes – E-poster discussion, Dr. Aung Yu Naing, Phyo Min Thu, Phyu Phyu Khine, Dr. Thein Han
(4) Pain management Therapy for PWID in low resource settings: Lessons from Myanmar, E-poster presentation – Dr. Thein Han, Thiha Linn
(5) Small Cost, Great Income, Large Impact, E-poster presentation – Dr. Sein Haze, Dr. Ye Lin Htet, Thiha Linn
(6) Valued Peer Care In Golden ‘’CARE LESS” Land – E-poster presentation – Dr. Lin Aung Thu, Khin Maung Oo, Aung Kyaw Nyunt
(7) Measuring the Risks Determinants for the onset of Injecting Behavior among Non-injecting Drug Users, E-poster presentation – Siddharth Singh, Willy De Maere, Dr. Thein Han, Thiha Linn.