Harm Reduction activities for PWID/PWUD are very sensitive and quite often misunderstood, AHRN encourages and conducts advocacy activities at each project site and Yangon office to generate support and establishing cooperation & collaboration with different stakeholders. Different advocacy strategies are used for different stakeholders.
Neighborhood meetings and ward level advocacy meetings are crucial part of creating enabling environment for Harm Reduction activities. Different strategies are used based on the targeted stakeholders. They are conducted based on the needs of the operations.
• Monthly reports;
• Project documents: operating time table and Guidelines etc.
• Set up Steering Committee (if needed)
• Relevant information on existing laws
• Contact area authority
• Offer training & awareness on HIV and drug use etc
• Other strategies in consultation with Central Management Team (CMT)
• Share key information on DIC & activities
• Invite them for tea/coffee at DIC
• Involve them in some activities
• Offer training & awareness on HIV and drug use etc.
Why we do?
• To share worldwide and local experiences and evidence-based interventions on harm reduction.
• To generate enough support from the local authorities and communities for Needle and Syringe Programmes.
• To provide support to the team members involved in Needle and Syringe Programmes.
• To increase rapport with local relevant officials (neighborhood community, law enforcement and health) through regular meetings by listening to the concerns and support from all the stakeholders on AHRN activities and provide support as needed.
• To Known the Progress of ongoing project activities;
• To Share difficulties and barriers of AHRN program implementations